Here you can find the latest news releases from Tesco Bank.
If you're a journalist and would like more information about Tesco Bank or have some questions please get in touch.
The information in this section is designed to provide journalists and bloggers with the latest news from Tesco Bank. If you are a customer looking for information on the products and services we offer, please visit our customer website.
6 March, 2017
Tesco Bank extends mortgage broker panel with addition of Mortgage Intelligence
Tesco Bank is to help more customers buy their home by adding a new mortgage intermediary to its broker panel. From today, customers can now access Tesco Bank’s competitive range of mortgages through the Mortgage Intelligence Network.
Tesco Bank’s Mortgage Intermediaries platform is designed to provide brokers with one of the easiest and most convenient services available. The service includes a number of features to help brokers make the transaction as straightforward as possible, including searchable lending criteria, webchat, and the ability to scan and upload documents and track the status of applications from any device. Brokers are able to contact Tesco Bank Intermediaries by phone or online using the Bank’s webchat functionality.
Julian Hartley, Product Director, Tesco Bank said:
“I am delighted that the Mortgage Intelligence Network will now be able to help Tesco customers select their mortgage. At Tesco Bank we want to help as many customers as possible buy their own home and with the vast majority of Tesco customers now selecting their mortgage via a broker, it is important that we continue to extend the reach of our intermediary network.”
Features of Tesco Bank Mortgages:
- Tesco Bank mortgages reward the loyalty of customers with Clubcard points as they repay their mortgage. Customers can collect one Clubcard point for every £4 on their monthly repayments.1
- Flexibility to make regular or lump sum overpayments of up to 20% of the outstanding balance each year during the initial rate period, without having to pay an Early Repayment Charge.
- Available for first-time buyers, home movers and those looking to remortgage.
- Those remortgaging will also benefit from free standard legal fees and the first standard valuation.
Tesco Bank was named Best First-time Mortgage Provider and Best Bank Mortgage Provider at the 2016 Moneyfacts Awards, as well as Best Variable Rate Mortgage Provider at the 2016 Personal Finance Awards.
For more information and media enquiries, please contact:
Laura Moore (Tesco Bank)
+44 (0)131 479 1356 / +44 (0)7525 582775
Notes to Editors
1Earn rates are subject to change. Points are not collected on any fees or charges paid separately from monthly payments.
Points are also collected on overpayments, but not on any overpayment made to pay off the mortgage in full. Clubcard points will be received within 6 weeks of payment. The Tesco Clubcard Scheme is administered by Tesco Stores Limited, Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA, who are responsible for fulfilling points.
About Tesco Bank Mortgages
- Tesco Bank mortgages are available online by visiting http://www.tescobank.com/mortgages or by phone, 0345 217 2050, between 8am-9pm Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm Saturday, from our UK-based customer service team. They are also available through Tesco Mortgage Intermediaries http://intermediaries.tescobank.com
- Tesco Bank mortgage products may be withdrawn or changed at any time.
- A product fee may apply depending on the product selected.
- Subject to status and lending criteria.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED, AS A LAST RESORT, IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Tesco Bank’s goal is to make banking and insurance easier and better value for people who shop at Tesco. We’ve been around since 1997 and today we help more than 6 million customers every day with everything from insuring their pets, to buying their first home. Our 4,000 colleagues serve our customers seven days a week from our four main centres in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle, and we are also available through online and mobile banking 24/7.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. 173199. Registered Address: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH. www.tescobank.com
Stay updated with our press releases by registering for our RSS feed or email alerts.
For journalist enquiries only, contact the Tesco Bank Press Office on:
+44 (0)131 274 3630
+44 (0)7595 441 036